Immigration Paralegal - Part Time
5 hours agoPost Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is seeking apart time Immigration Paralegalto join our small, in-house legal team. This role will interact with a variety of internal stakeholder, including HR, Recruiting, management of all levels and employees to support immigration compliance and processing for North America.
This position provides the opportunity to work 100% remotely from a home office setting, with travel to CTG’s Corporate Headquarters as needed.
Provides immigration and legal support to the corporate legal practice. Research laws, investigate issues, and assist in the preparation of legal documents. Maintain a file system for legal documents, ensuring reference materials are current. Works closely with field offices and corporate departments.
* Assist in identifying and handling legal issues in the most efficient manner while eliminating or reducing the legal exposure of CTG
* Manage company’s immigration matters in conjunction with outside counsel
* Perform other responsibilities as assigned
* Provide assistance with Legal Department budget, Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) review, garnishment review, corporate procedures, litigation procedures, responses, subpoenas, interrogatories, board files, legal library, legal file archives, other work assignments assigned by Corporate Counsel
* Evaluate alien applicants’ eligibility for work in the U.S
* Provide guidance to corporate recruiting on immigration questions during interview and new hire processes
* Provide training support and information to corporate recruiting and HR on immigration changes and best practices
* Evaluate employee or potential candidates H-1B eligibility.
* Track temporary work authorization expirations; notify business units when work authorizations are going to expire
* Compile, maintain and submit proper forms to the Immigration Service to secure temporary work authorizations like TN and H-1B
* Prepare and submit H-1B submissions to USCIS, including LCA submission to the Dept. of Labor
* Evaluate and prepare PERM, I-140, and I-485 for employees in conjunction with outside immigration counsel
* Prepare Visa Stamp materials for alien employees leaving the country
* Maintain LCA public information files
* Organize and prepare responses for discovery and subpoena as requested by Corporate Counsel or HR Counsel
* Perform other duties as assigned to fulfill requirements
* Bachelor’s degree preferred
* Three to five years’ experience in a corporate law department
* Paralegal Certificate, or other Legal Studies program
* Expertise in immigration law
* Competence in student visas, TNs, B1/B2 visas, and other immigrant and non-immigrant categories
* Competence in communicating effectively with government regulatory agencies regarding immigration issues
* Competence in researching, investigating and analyzing information
* Working knowledge of business law, legal writing, litigation procedures, and basic accounting
* Ability to evaluate a situation and provide appropriate assistance across a broad spectrum of legal matters
To be considered for this role, please apply directly or send an updated resume to Jessica.Carroll@ctg.com.
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients' project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
* Education Level: None
* Work Remote: Yes
* Travel: No
While all employers are vetted to meet the Maricopa Guidelines, the job postings are not individually reviewed. Students should be diligent in ensuring they are applying for positions that meet their needs and are not in violation of the Maricopa guidelines.