$500 Sign-On bonus paid after 90 days
From $28.00 an hour
FIRE ALARM SERVICE TECHNICIAN
A well stablished valley contractor is seeking a qualified candidate for the Full-Time position of Fire Alarm Service Technician to grow our current Service Division. The Service Technician is primarily responsible for servicing, repairing, and replacing Fire Alarm products, programming, and repairing fire alarm systems to the prescribed standards, identifying code and non-conformance issues, and preparing accurate and timely service ticket reports. A desired candidate performs the full job despite site and weather conditions, can work with little supervision, has good communication skills, and is consistently looking out for the Client s best interest.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Perform fire alarm repairs, maintenance, upgrades, and replace defective parts
* Perform programming on fire alarm systems
* Use device manuals to repair non-functioning fire alarms and restore fire alarms to original functionality
* Ensure compliance to electrical and fire codes
* Educate Client s on preventative care and regular maintenance to prevent system malfunctions
* Keep tools and equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, etc.
* Complete and produce reports that are legible, accurate and detailed
* Stay current with code requirements and industry changes
* Perform other related duties as assigned or required
* Ability to work flexible hours including on-call rotation, nights, and weekend to meet client s needs
* Ability to travel to multiple job sites each day
* Ability to walk, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders multiples times a day
* Ability to use a computer and read blueprints
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently, with little supervision
* Knowledge of fire systems and tools
* High School Diploma or GED
* Two to Four (2-4) years prior relevant work experience
* Valid driver s license
* Able to take and pass urinalysis testing
* Able to carry and move tools and equipment up to 50-70 lbs.
* Able to work in or on ladders, scaffolding, and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
* CSA Certification
* NICET Certification
* OSHA Certification
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
While all employers are vetted to meet the Maricopa Guidelines, the job postings are not individually reviewed. Students should be diligent in ensuring they are applying for positions that meet their needs and are not in violation of the Maricopa guidelines.