The HVAC/R Technician 1st Class provides advanced skills involving the maintenance, repair and design of the Commercial/Industrial HVAC/R equipment at Flagstaff Medical Center and off-site facilities owned by the hospital.
* Adheres to regulatory requirements.
* Coordinates contractors labor as needed for projects.
* Oversees minor construction/ mechanical projects.
* Maintains ICRA (Infection Control Risk Assessment) Standards.
* Adheres to ILSM (Interim Life Safety Measures).
* Maintains, operates and repairs all HVAC/R equipment at Flagstaff Medical Center and all off-site facilities owned and operated by Flagstaff Medical Center.
* Maintains, operates and repairs all critical HVAC systems including Airborne Infectious Isolation Rooms, Data Centers and OR Suites.
* Assists with emergency repairs on all critical HVAC systems including Airborne Infectious Isolation Rooms, Data Centers and OR Suites.
* Coordinates 3rd party testing of all HVAC systems under our oversight.
* Troubleshoots and repairs all building automation equipment involved with the proper operation of all HVAC/R equipment.
* Oversees the installation and start-up of all HVAC/R equipment and associated ductwork included with in-house projects.
* Oversees and performs maintenance as required by the PM program for all HVAC Technicians.
* Maintains appropriate records for equipment that has had corrective maintenance and/or preventive maintenance and prepares requisitions for the acquisition of repair parts.
* Insures all policies, practices, procedures and standards are followed. Assures a safe and secure environment.
* Performs emergency procedures in order to provide continuous service of all HVAC/R systems feeding the hospital in the event of one or more system failures under the direction of supervision.
* Maintains appropriate records and prepares requisitions for each assignment.
* Adheres to cost containment programs.
* Mentors the HVAC Technician 2nd and 3rd Class positions.
* Responsible for reporting any safety related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
* Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employees area of responsibility.
* If required for position, ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
* Completes all company mandatory modules and required job specific training in the specified time frame.
High School Diploma or GED- Required
Commercial/Industrial Refrigeration Course or Apprenticeship- Required
Management Course, Healthcare- Preferred
Certificates and Licensure
Valid AZ Drivers License with no moving violations for the previous 39 months- Required
Formal BAS Training or Electrical Training- Required
EPA Certification/ Universal- Required
Minimum 7 years Experience- Required
Healthcare is a rapidly changing environment and technology is integrated into almost all aspects of patient care. Computers and other electronic devices are utilized across the organization and throughout each department. Colleagues must have an understanding of computers, and competence in using computers and basic software programs.
Requisition ID: 2022-14732
Street: 1200 N, Beaver St.
Call Required: Yes
Full Name: First Last: CHARLES CLAYTON
Email Address: Charles.Clayton@nahealth.com
While all employers are vetted to meet the Maricopa Guidelines, the job postings are not individually reviewed. Students should be diligent in ensuring they are applying for positions that meet their needs and are not in violation of the Maricopa guidelines.