Robert Half Technology is seeking Network Engineer candidates for our Phoenix-based clients! A successful Network Engineer ensures the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required.
Other essential functions of this position include:
· Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
· Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
· Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
· Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
· Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
· Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
· Participate in managing all network security solutions.
· Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery
Some of the position's requirements include:
· Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, and WLAN design and implementation.
· Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
· Expert knowledge of core routing and switching design principles, best practices, and related technologies.
· Experience in implementing and managing voice over IP (VoIP) systems desired.
· Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including routers, switches (layer 2/3), firewalls, remote access, DNS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VLAN, QoS, DSL, Frame Relay, and Metro Ethernet.
· Five to Seven (5-7) years’ experience designing, implementing, managing and supporting enterprise level IP networks that include support of a heterogeneous distributed desktop computing environment required.
· Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
· Extensive application support experience with network monitoring and analysis software,
· Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits. Bachelor’s degree in computer science related field OR 5 years work experience.
· Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification required, (Cisco Certified Network professional (CCNP) preferred).
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
While all employers are vetted to meet the Maricopa Guidelines, the job postings are not individually reviewed. Students should be diligent in ensuring they are applying for positions that meet their needs and are not in violation of the Maricopa guidelines.