The Future is Yours!
We’re Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and the Blind and we’ve been around for a while, 111 years serving the Deaf and the Blind communities. A lot has changed, besides innovation, at the heart of ASDB’s continued success is the dedication, connection, and strength of our teams. Our teams are our advantage and the reason for the success of our students.
What makes ASDB the place to be:
• Connected and Supportive Teams
• Professional Development and Mentoring
• Growth and Opportunities
• Honest and ethical interactions
• Accountability, Collaboration, Transparency
• Valued and Respected
• Low Student to Teacher Ratio
• Instructional Assistance
• Competitive Salaries
• Outstanding Benefits
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Opportunities throughout Arizona
• Eligibility for Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
What are some of the positions we offer:
• Early Learning Teacher of the Blind
What makes you an ideal team member:
• Passion for Student Success
• Thrive in both team and independent roles
• Honest communications
• Value and respect a diverse community
What you’ll need to succeed:
• Education - Related degree in fields related to the education or provision of Related Services to children who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Blind/Visually Impaired, or Deafblind. Serving Birth to Grade 3
• Experience - preferred, but dedication, passion, and mentoring will help you shine too!
• Special Skills - ASL would be a WOW
• Compliance – Arizona Department of Education Certification or ability to become certified within 3 years. Ability to obtain AzDPS IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Placement is based on degree and up to 20 years of certified classroom teaching experience.
The range is $42,545 to $81,447
New Teacher Signing Bonus of $1,500.00
Additionally the position is eligible for Proposition 301 monies
Leave Your Mark
If you feel becoming part of our leading-edge aligns with your mission and values, introduce yourself, we look forward to getting to know you better.
To introduce yourself: asdb.az.gov/teamworks or call 520.770.3019
Education & Training
While all employers are vetted to meet the Maricopa Guidelines, the job postings are not individually reviewed. Students should be diligent in ensuring they are applying for positions that meet their needs and are not in violation of the Maricopa guidelines.