Utilize advanced analysis and Java software programming skills to develop, implement and maintain business solutions, interfaces, and utility programs. Analyze user needs and creates software solutions enabling new capabilities, improving efficiencies and delivering competitive advantage. Participate as a member of a fast-paced SCRUM team and is involved in all aspects of the development lifecycle including design, coding, testing and deployment.
**ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
1. Perform moderate to complex programming assignments requiring an advanced understanding of established programming standards, methods and best practices.
2. Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates functional specifications, and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
3. Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications and/or customer requirements to design and build business solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
4. Contribute to and review technical designs of software solutions.
5. Work with engineers and architects in continuous improvement initiatives.
6. Conduct research into new technologies, development practices and frameworks.
7. Collaborate with developers to implement solutions, resolve problems, and perform code reviews.
8. Contribute to and follow development best practices such as version control, unit testing, continuous integration, performance and security testing, and appropriate documentation.
9. Ensure quality and maintains performance of deployed solutions.
10. Works with stakeholders following the Agile Scrum software development process.
11. Provide technical support and participates in on-call rotation to resolve critical application issues.
12. Assist with other projects as needed to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
+ Competitive pay based on experience
+ Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family
+ PTO and paid holidays
+ 401k Retirement Plan
1. Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
2. Requires two (2) to five (5) years of Java Development.
3. Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and scalable software design.
4. Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL.
5. Experience with CI/CD tooling, such as GitLab and/or Jenkins.
6. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
7. Strong technical aptitude, fast learner, and effective problem solver.
8. Self-motivated, goal oriented, quality driven and capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
9. Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
10. Great team player with positive attitude.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Continually speaking and hearing, giving, and receiving directions. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 50 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
**Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer**
**Requisition ID** : 4013
While all employers are vetted to meet the Maricopa Guidelines, the job postings are not individually reviewed. Students should be diligent in ensuring they are applying for positions that meet their needs and are not in violation of the Maricopa guidelines.