We are looking for VP Product Management - AI to lead our Higher Education initiatives in the AI Space. This role is accountable for defining and executing Higher Education’s overall Artificial Intelligence product vision and strategy.
* Identify opportunities for market expansion/growth/disruption and develop robust business cases to pursue, based on a thorough understanding of the market, competition, and customer needs.
* Work with executives and business line stakeholders to define the highest-value problems to solve with AI. Help prioritize and rank the solutions, develop business cases.
* Corral and organize experts from business lines, data scientists, and engineers to create shared goals and specs for AI products.
* Develop AI product roadmaps and timelines.
* Provide collaborative leadership to build out an AI-focused product team including both dedicated/reporting-line and assigned/dotted-line staff
* Ensure alignment with key stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Production, UX, Application Product Management, and Technology on AI product strategy & product roadmap, providing clarity on key priorities and expected return on investment.
* Recruit, retain and develop top product talent.
* Provide inspirational, value driven leadership to your team such that they develop and are confident and capable in execution
* Promote a culture of partnership, teamwork, innovation and diversity, equity, and inclusion
* Role model executive leadership characteristics as part of the CPO senior leadership team
* Customer-centered, future focused product pipeline delivering license to win
* Optimized and increasingly efficient product development investment across technology & content
* Product roadmap delivered to time/cost/quality targets
* Meeting / exceeding profit, growth and KPI expectations
* Emerging and Developed Talent Pipeline
* Degree (or equivalent) preferred
* Extensive product management leadership experience, including experience managing digital products/software roadmaps
* First class leadership skills; able to inspire and motivate teams around a continuously evolving agenda designed to delight our customers
* Ability to balance strategic thinking/long term opportunities with operational focus
* Strong learner/educator empathy and ability to translate customer insights into winning product strategies
* Deep understanding of AI capabilities and limitations; demonstrated ability to translate this into product strategy and development, team mindset and ways of working
* Ability to develop and communicate a Higher Education AI vision and strategy to engage and excite the organization as well as customers and learners
* Relationship management skills and the ability to use them to drive value both within Pearson and externally
* Persuasive negotiator and influencer
* Robust decision making - based on evidence and data
* Strong commercial understanding: financially fluent and with a facility for data and its interpretation to commercial advantage
* Passion for education and learning Competencies:
* Digital Transformer: Continuously improving and learning, able to identify and create real-time, iterative solutions to external or internal obstacles.
* Understand the Business: Has/develops a knowledge of Pearson’s business and product strategies. Brings digital mindset and product management experience to bear in solving challenges and capturing opportunities.
* Drive focus on learner outcomes: Understands and supports the delivery of learner outcomes and experience led product development; leads teams able to embed efficacy and learning research capabilities when building content, assessment and technology capabilities and approaches to implementation
* Collaboration: Acts as a member of cross-functional leadership teams with minimal guidance. Partners closely with HE International, Global Product Centers of Expertise, and Technology.
* Innovator: Investigates and validates new approaches for product development based on emerging pedagogies and technology.
Compensation at Pearson is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific location. As required by the Colorado, California, Washington State, New York State and New York City laws, the pay range for this position is as follows:
The minimum full-time salary is $150K.
This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, and information on benefits offered is : here.
**What to expect from Pearson**
Did you know Pearson is one of the 10 most innovative education companies of 2022?
At Pearson, we add life to a lifetime of learning so everyone can realize the life they imagine. We do this by creating vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact. We are on a journey to be 100 percent digital to meet the changing needs of the global population by developing a new strategy with ambitious targets. To deliver on our strategic vision, we have five business divisions that are the foundation for the long-term growth of the company: Assessment & Qualifications, Virtual Learning, English Language Learning, Workforce Skills and Higher Education. Alongside these, we have our corporate divisions: Digital & Technology, Finance, Global Corporate Marketing & Communications, Human Resources, Legal, Strategy and Direct to Consumer. Learn more at We are Pearson.
We value the power of an inclusive culture and also a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to building a workplace where talent can learn, grow and thrive.
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We want a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other group protected by law. We strive for a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, navigate to: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Pearson.
If you are an individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career site as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Note that the information you provide will stay confidential and will be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
**Job:** PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
**Organization:** Higher Education
**Req ID:** 11865
While all employers are vetted to meet the Maricopa Guidelines, the job postings are not individually reviewed. Students should be diligent in ensuring they are applying for positions that meet their needs and are not in violation of the Maricopa guidelines.