Active Directory Systems Engineer
Deliver simple solutions to complex problems as an Active Directory Engineer at GDIT. Here, you'll tailor cutting-edge solutions to the unique requirements of our clients. With a career in application development, you'll make the end user's experience your priority and we'll make your career growth ours.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As an Active Directory Engineer you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on the Active Directory Engineer joining our team to support the design, development, engineering, integration, and technical and operational support to employ specified Non-Classified Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNET), Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET), and Deployed Forces (DF) portion of the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN).
HOW AN ACTIVE DIRECTORY ENGINEER WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
• Design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
• Employ soft skills such as creative problem solving and effective oral/written
• Design, build, test new and optimize EDS&A hardware systems, computer components, and peripherals.
• Participate in Boards, Bureaus, Centers, Cells and Working Groups (B2C2WG)in support of NETCOM network solutions. Coordinate, review and maintain system documentation guidance on use of EDS&A capabilities to all levels of administrators.
• Provide strategic planning, execution, and management for the design, build
and deployment of EDS&A systems, integrated in to Army NIPRNET, SIPRNET,
Joint and testing environments.
• Design, build, test new and optimize EDS&A hardware systems, computer
components, and peripherals. Update existing EDS&A systems to ensure
compatibility with the latest software iterations.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
Required Experience: DoD 8570.1-M certification: IAT Level III Certification, Computing Environment Certification. BS and 8 yrs experience (will consider other combinations of education, years of experience and certifications)
• Required Technical Skills: Expertise with Microsoft Active Directory products. Intermediate understanding of STIGs and security configuration and analysis.
• Security Clearance Level: Secret (Top Secret eligible).
• Required Skills and Abilities: Seasoned oral and written communications skills.
• Preferred Skills: Experience briefing Armed Forces and government personnel.
• Location: On Customer Site.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
• 401K with company match.
• Comprehensive health and wellness packages.
• Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career.
• Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications.
• Cutting-edge technology you can learn from.
• Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays!
Years of Experience
8 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Computing Environment Certification, MCSA Windows 7 or higher - Microsoft
IAT Level 3: CASP - Cisco Systems
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
While all employers are vetted to meet the Maricopa Guidelines, the job postings are not individually reviewed. Students should be diligent in ensuring they are applying for positions that meet their needs and are not in violation of the Maricopa guidelines.