As a pivotal member of our Network Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll be entrusted with the responsibility of maintaining and enhancing the vital infrastructure, provisioning and out-of-band (OOB) networks that connect our backbone to our data centers and Points of Presence (POPs). Your role is integral to the development of IP connectivity solutions, working in close collaboration with partner teams. This includes designing the network topology, understanding and selecting industry technologies and protocols, liaising with vendors on feature or product development, and choosing equipment that aligns with our product needs. We champion innovation, so you'll be directly involved in bringing new network products to life, from the initial concept to a functional network in our labs. While design and documentation are essential aspects of your role, we believe in the value of hands-on experience, where you can translate your ideas into tangible results.As an IP Network Engineer at Meta, you will combine the skills of a software and network engineer, ensuring the smooth operation of our network and associated services, while paving the way for future growth. Your role will be critical in handling data analytics, network redesigns, and automation, all vital to meet our growing demands. You will take the lead in conceiving, developing, and deploying software and network systems, as well as tools that enhance reliability and efficiency across our global network.We invite those with a passion for innovation, a knack for problem-solving, and a commitment to excellence, to join us as we continue to shape the future of connectivity.Do you want to work on one of the most dynamic, fast-paced networks in the world? Do you want to develop innovative solutions to our challenges and ship them into production? Then a role on one of our network engineering teams is for you!
Network Engineer, Infrastructure Networks Responsibilities:
1. Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug the hardest problems, live, on some of the largest and most complex networks and systems in the world
2. Together with your engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
3. (Re)Design, deploy, manage and maintain multi-vendor, multi-protocol critical infrastructure networks in every Meta network location, including our data centers and POPs
4. Define and develop optimized network monitoring systems
5. Design and deploy new network and tooling architectures
6. Analyze data to diagnose and identify root causes to network issues
7. Partner alongside the best engineers in the industry on the coolest stuff around - the code and systems you work on support the production network infrastructure used by billions of users all around the world
8. Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed prior to joining Meta.
9. Protocol experience in one of BGP, OSPF, ISIS - understanding of typical configurations and performance optimizations
10. Experience developing and understanding network device configuration for at least one vendor (Juniper, Cisco, Arista, Brocade, Nokia, Linux, etc.)
11. 2+ years of experience in network engineering or network-centric software development
12. Experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g., Python, C++, Go, etc.)
13. Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and IPv6
14. Experience writing code to automate Network deployments, monitoring or remediation
$105,000/year to $168,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law
While all employers are vetted to meet the Maricopa Guidelines, the job postings are not individually reviewed. Students should be diligent in ensuring they are applying for positions that meet their needs and are not in violation of the Maricopa guidelines.