* Offering Hope, Health and Healing
Haven Behavioral Hospital of Phoenix is seeking caring and compassionate people to join our team of devoted healthcare professionals.
Shifts: Full-Time Days (7a-7p)
Haven Behavioral Hospital of Phoenix is a 58-bed acute care behavioral hospital that provides a safe, nurturing environment for the treatment of complex mental health issues.
We offer innovative, customized treatment and care based on an individual's needs and preferences. Our compassionate, expert treatment is designed to help our patients move past their illness and take back control of their life. Haven provides therapies that address a wide range of mental health conditions and mood disorders.
We are seeking talented Behavioral Health Techs to join our team!
As a Behavioral Health Technician you will provide direct patient care to patients under the supervision of the Registered Nurse while maintaining a safe and efficient working and treatment environment. Your ability to collaborate effectively with physicians and multidisciplinary team members to ensure safe, quality patient care will be essential to success.
A small family like environment where focus is on patient outcomes
* Dedicated, passionate leaders who are hands-on and accessible.
* The opportunity to make a difference in our patient's lives every day.
* Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, provides direct patient care to patients as assigned.
* Carry out all aspects of patient care and other assignments as directed by the Charge Nurse.
* Observe whether specialized services may be needed and communicate to the Charge Nurse/RN.
* Perform ongoing observation of the patients and milieu to ensure active treatment is provided and patients are participating.
* Respond appropriately and timely to patient requests.
* Report changes in patient's condition or behavior to the Charge Nurse/RN, including agitation, high-risk behaviors, changes in vital signs, and eating, sleeping, and toileting patterns
* Intervene appropriately with patients experiencing a behavioral crisis situation
* Provide support and direct assistance to patients who are unable to attend to their activities of daily living by assisting them with meals, daily grooming, ambulation and toileting as needed.
* Report factors that may impede successful accomplishment of the treatment plan to the Charge Nurse/RN.
* Provide patient educational information for identified learning needs.
* Facilitate educational/activity groups as assigned or when indicated using approved materials. Recommend alternative activities based on patient functioning level and treatment plan.
* Monitor vital signs such as heart rate and blood pressure
High School Diploma or equivalent and one year acute inpatient experience with psychiatric care experience preferred.
Haven Behavioral Healthcare is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
While all employers are vetted to meet the Maricopa Guidelines, the job postings are not individually reviewed. Students should be diligent in ensuring they are applying for positions that meet their needs and are not in violation of the Maricopa guidelines.