**Additional Information** Remote Based Position
**Job Number** 23167441
**Job Category** Sales & Marketing
**Location** Sales Support East, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
**Located Remotely?** Y
**Position Type** Management
Handles customer inquiries and lead requests for defined accounts within US Account Sales. Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty. Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Demonstrates excellent selling skills and strong communication skills. Drives revenue by proactively soliciting new business from existing account base within Account Sales and re-soliciting past business leads. Takes on new business development accounts to qualify and develop a pipeline for the Account Sales organization. Reports to the Sales and Ops Leader, Account Sales to align on sales activities to generate business.
**Education and Experience** **:**
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
• 2 years experience selling group business, either at a property or in a sales office.
• Knowledge of property operations, Food and Beverage (F&B).
• Knowledge of the group sales process for all brands and how to close a sale.
• Team-based selling experience.
• Hospitality Management Degree.
**CORE WORK ACTIVITIES**
**Managing Sales Activities**
• Handles customer inquiries and leads requests for defined accounts within US Account Sales.
• Responds in a timely manner to incoming business transient and group/catering opportunities.
• Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty.
• Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
• Maintains customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Demonstrates excellent selling skills and strong communication skills.
• Works collaboratively with other sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, Account Sales, on-property resources) to verify sales efforts are coordinated, complementary, and not duplicative.
• Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand) and how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Transfers accurate, complete, and timely information to property in accordance with brand standards.
• Understands and actively utilizes company marketing initiative/incentives to close on business.
• Implements process improvements and best practices.
• Leverages resources and administrative/support staff to achieve goals.
• Utilizes internal lead referral tools (e.g., eProspecting Portal) to solicit new business opportunities and contacts.
• Re-solicits realized opportunities, including turndowns, lost opportunities, and actualized business for defined accounts within the US Account Sales Organization when appropriate.
• Drives customer satisfaction through daily interactions (e.g., solicitations, re-solicitations, account calls, new business calls, face to face activities).
• Qualifies and maintains customer’s long-term business potential and refers customers to market, field, hotel or national sales office, as required.
• Presents stakeholder hotel benefits and features based on customer needs.
• Understands and utilizes all business processes written in support of the sales organization.
• Utilizes negotiation skills and creative selling abilities to uncover new business.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by leadership.
**Building Successful Relationships**
• Establishes coordinated sales efforts that are complementary and not duplicative.
• Drives customer loyalty through excellent customer service throughout the sales process.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending appropriate features and services that best meet their needs.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
• Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Establishes clear expectations for customers and properties throughout the sales process.
• Effectively resolves guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process.
• Brings issues to the attention of leadership teams as appropriate.
**California Applicants Only:** The pay range for this position is $22.41 to $47.00 per hour.
**Colorado Applicants Only:** The hourly pay range for this position is $22.41 to $42.73.
**New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only:** The pay range for this position is $27.12 to $47.00 per hour.
**Washington Applicants Only:** The hourly pay range for this position is $22.41to $47.00. In addition, the position is eligible for a quarterly bonus. Employees will accrue 0.04616 PTO balance for every hour worked and eligible to receive minimum of 7 holidays annually.
All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility, enrollment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election changes, benefit exclusions, and others.
_Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law._
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. **Be** where you can do your best work, **begin** your purpose, **belong** to an amazing global team, and **become** the best version of you.
While all employers are vetted to meet the Maricopa Guidelines, the job postings are not individually reviewed. Students should be diligent in ensuring they are applying for positions that meet their needs and are not in violation of the Maricopa guidelines.