UNS Energy Corporation, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, is a subsidiary of Fortis Inc., the largest investor-owned electric and gas distribution utility in Canada. Our public utility subsidiaries, Tucson Electric Power Company, UNS Electric, Inc. and UNS Gas, Inc., power our economy by providing electric and gas service to nearly 700,000 customers in Arizona.
We embrace a spirit of giving, dedicated to improving quality of life in the communities we have served for generations, and in TEP’s case, since the 1890s. We’re building a cleaner, greener grid, with more wind and solar power than ever before, while maintaining safe, reliable, and affordable service.
Your Employer of Choice
Our culture is rooted in shared core values that define how we work and who we are. Our team of innovative professionals bring their authentic selves to work each day to power our vision and make a difference.
We create opportunities for employees to thrive through:
Continual growth: In an industry changing faster than ever before, our commitment to professional growth and leadership development means we never stop challenging ourselves to explore new possibilities.
Active Engagement: We support a collaborative environment, with peer-to-peer learning and employee-driven groups that foster an inclusive culture.
Total compensation: UNS Energy Corporation also offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a generous company match, a company-sponsored pension plan, affordable individual and family health insurance plans, tuition assistance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more.
Job Description - Talent Acquisition Specialist l, ll, Senior
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be expected to identify and attract top-performing professionals and/or skilled craft and trade individuals to fill job openings. This position will develop, recommend and implement recruiting strategies to ensure a successful search in a given time frame, for Classified (union) and Unclassified (non-union) levels within the organization; will be responsible to engage and recruit qualified active and passive candidates by a variety of methods; will qualify candidates by conducting telephone and in-person interviews to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements; analyze position requirements against qualifications of candidates to find qualified candidates for hiring needs; present job opportunities to candidates and negotiate compensation; and provide coaching and advice to hiring
Assists managers/supervisors with development of new job descriptions and evaluate/revise current job descriptions based on changes in department structure and/or needs and recommend appropriate job titles for consistency within the organization.
· Maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws regarding hiring practices.
· Full cycle recruitment process including preparing, sourcing, screening, selecting, hiring, and onboarding. Ensure compliance through the recruiting process with the collective bargaining agreement.
· Talent Acquisition Specialist I and II, may work under the guidance of the Sr. Specialist.
· Sr. Level will develop consistent interview guides and packets and develop strategy around recruiting a diverse workforce.
· Develop and maintain a strong network of contacts to identify and source quality candidates. Review applications to identify and arrange preliminary interviews with the most promising. Screen and refer top candidates for additional interviews.
· Other duties include consulting with hiring managers on staffing and recruitment policies, ensuring compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity mandates, and advising management on hiring and compensation guidelines.
· Represent UNS at a variety of recruiting events and will have the occasion to speak publicly at educational institutions, career fairs, Veteran outreach events and more.
· Will facilitate resume writing classes and interview technique lessons at a variety of events throughout the year.
· As part of a team, will plan and lead the TEP Intern Investment Program.
· Use data and statistics to make informed decisions that address recruitment activities. Develop and measure the success of recruitment practices.
· Leverage advanced knowledge and social media skills to engage as a Talent Acquisition Specialist.
· May contribute to a wide variety of efforts and projects of Talent Acquisition Team, such as developing standardized relocation procedures, planning, and executing large community events, such as the Arizona Construction Career Days Event.
· Will participate in pipeline planning efforts and outreach initiatives for students, educators, Veterans, individuals with disabilities, women in craft and trade, and STEM initiatives.
· May participate in and/or lead ATS and ERP system upgrades or enhancements.
· Serves as the main point of contact and will collaborate with all UNS recruiters and vendors for ATS system designs, upgrades, and enhancements. Provides on-going guidance, training, and support in the use of HR recruitment technologies.
· Creates and runs moderately complex queries for reporting and compliance purposes.
· Supports and executes testing of systems to validate system functionality through preparation of data, development of test scripts, and identification of expected results.
· Develops strong relationships with internal clients to fully understand their strategic recruitment initiatives.
· Develops strong business partnerships and relationships within the community, including K-20 educational institutions, Pima County, The City of Tucson, and Arizona @ Work, Teachers In Industry, Good Futures Program, Urban League, and more.
· Will coordinate and manage job shadowing programs for high school juniors and seniors.
· May collaborate and lead the TEP career site brand upgrades for both the intranet and the TEP external website.
· Analyzes and recommends resolution of system problems, helps determine a course of action, and implements approved approach.
· Leads troubleshooting for the ATS system for all UNS recruiters.
· Provides direction to Senior Leaders to ensure compliance with various laws and hiring standards.
· Responsible for maintaining compliance records related to the Affirmative Action Plan, EEOC, OFFCCP and internal auditing standards.
· Assists with investigations into classified and unclassified employee matters either in support or direct facilitation. Duties include preparing notes, memos, letters, performance documents and direct conversations with employees as required.
· Has regular interaction with Union leadership and is proficient in the use of various Collective Bargaining Agreements as they relate to bidding, testing and other related duties.
· Works independently of direct Supervision and is responsible for selecting qualified candidates for key positions.
· Performs entries and assists with auditing and correcting all data entry regarding classified and unclassified employee status changes (i.e. change of address, department status changes, promotions, transfers, wage progressions, terminations, resignations, etc).
· This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
Talent Acquisition Specialist l:
Minimum Qualifications: One to two years of work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency in use of personal computer applications, including spreadsheets, word processing and relational databases is required. Must possess and demonstrate the ability to lead discussions across the organization, and within the community. Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills are required.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline, is preferred. PeopleSoft, Taleo or similar applicant tracking system experience preferred. Ability to collect, compile, and analyze statistical information and data, and interpret and apply laws and policies.
Talent Acquisition Specialist ll:
Minimum Qualifications: Two to six years of recruiting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency in use of personal computer applications, including spreadsheets, word processing and relational databases is required. Must possess and demonstrate the ability to lead discussions across the organization, and within the community. Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills are required. Must have experience working with staffing vendors, independent contractors and consultants.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline, is preferred. Ability to collect, compile, and analyze statistical information and data, and interpret and apply laws and policies. PeopleSoft, Taleo or similar applicant tracking system experience preferred.
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist:
Minimum Qualifications: Six to eight years of recruiting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Thorough knowledge of applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations, such as EEO, FLSA and affirmative action. Proficiency in use of personal computer applications, including spreadsheets, word processing and relational databases is required. Possess considerable experience with the utilization of social media, for the purpose of building a network and acquiring top talent. A high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy. Possess and demonstrate leadership and training, as needed, to more junior recruiters. Demonstrate strong commitment to exceptional candidate and internal client support. Exhibit strong drive for results and success, with the ability to self-motivate and self-direct. Possess strong time management and organizational skills. PeopleSoft, Taleo/or similar applicant tracking system and presentation software is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline, is preferred. Ability to collect, compile, and analyze statistical information and data, and interpret and apply laws and policies. Experience recruiting for all levels within a utility is preferred.
This position has been designated as a Hybrid role. Successful candidates will work a combination of in-office and remote work throughout the week, with required on-site days determined by the company.
Pay Rate: $55,000-$95,000/year + Depending on experience
Energy & Utilities
While all employers are vetted to meet the Maricopa Guidelines, the job postings are not individually reviewed. Students should be diligent in ensuring they are applying for positions that meet their needs and are not in violation of the Maricopa guidelines.