Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
The Horizon team hosts the data lakehouse that OCI uses to collate, manage, and make sense of petabytes of engineering data. Our lakehouse is a core component of OCI, a self-service data platform that engineering teams and other internal partners use to inform decisions that affect nearly every aspect of the OCI business: engineering, support, operations, finance, and more.
Some of the main objectives of the Horizon platform are:
- Provide advanced orchestration using a data lake-based approach
- Manage both batch and real-time Change Data Capture (CDC) scenarios
- Efficiently load and transform data into a data warehouse (DWH)
I-Integrate with Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, object storage, and Oracle Data Catalog
- Apply machine learning to generate insights and proactively address issues
Apply your extensive technical expertise and architectural skills to evolve and scale the Horizon platform. You will solve difficult problems in distributed, highly available micro-services and virtualized infrastructure, leveraging DWH, Spark, and ML technologies.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a strong back-end engineer with a focus on data management, someone with a passion for solving difficult problems in distributed systems and highly available services. This is a critical role, so we’re looking for a developer who can deliver product features on-time and with high quality and can partner with other engineers to deliver high quality services.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Develop and demonstrate a broad set of technology skills in Java technologies, micro-service design patterns, relevant frameworks, and architectural concepts
Build global-scale, self-service data platform for sourcing and ingesting petabytes of structured and unstructured data to address a wide range of analytical and modeling needs
Experiment with compute, storage, and networking infrastructure, as appropriate, and optimize Horizon’s operation across multiple dimensions: performance, reliability, cost, etc.
Work in an extremely fast-paced and challenging, global environment
Work directly with architects to ensure newer capabilities are built applying right design principles
Work with remote and geographically distributed teams to enable building the right products, using the right building blocks, and make them easily consumable by other products
Ensure customer success by supporting issue analysis and fix activities during test phases, as well as production issue resolution
**Certain US customer or client-facing roles may be required to comply with applicable requirements, such as immunization and occupational health mandates.**
**Range and benefit information provided in this posting are specific to the United States only**
Hiring Range: from $94,200 to $223,500 per annum. May be eligible for bonus and equity.
Oracle maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, market conditions and locations, as well as reflect Oracle’s differing products, industries and lines of business.
Candidates are typically placed into the range based on the preceding factors as well as internal peer equity.
Oracle offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
1. Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including expert medical opinion
2. Short term disability and long term disability
3. Life insurance and AD&D
4. Supplemental life insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
5. Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
6. Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits
7. 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
8. Paid time off: Flexible Vacation is provided to all eligible employees assigned to a salaried (non-overtime eligible) position. Accrued Vacation is provided to all other employees eligible for vacation benefits. For employees working at least 35 hours per week, the vacation accrual rate is 13 days annually for the first three years of employment and 18 days annually for subsequent years of employment. Vacation accrual is prorated for employees working between 20 and 34 hours per week. Employees working fewer than 20 hours per week are not eligible for vacation.
9. 11 paid holidays
10. Paid sick leave: 72 hours of paid sick leave upon date of hire. Refreshes each calendar year. Unused balance will carry over each year up to a maximum cap of 112 hours.
11. Paid parental leave
12. Adoption assistance
13. Employee Stock Purchase Plan
14. Financial planning and group legal
15. Voluntary benefits including auto, homeowner and pet insurance
An Oracle career can span industries, roles, Countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to flourish in new roles and innovate, while blending work life in. Oracle has thrived through 40+ years of change by innovating and operating with integrity while delivering for the top companies in almost every industry.
In order to nurture the talent that makes this happen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates and values diverse insights and perspectives, a workforce that inspires thought leadership and innovation.
Oracle offers a highly competitive suite of Employee Benefits designed on the principles of parity, consistency, and affordability. The overall package includes certain core elements such as Medical, Life Insurance, access to Retirement Planning, and much more. We also encourage our employees to engage in the culture of giving back to the communities where we live and do business.
At Oracle, we believe that innovation starts with diversity and inclusion and to create the future we need talent from various backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to successfully participate in the job application, interview process, and in potential roles. to perform crucial job functions.
That’s why we’re committed to creating a workforce where all individuals can do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued that we’re inspired to go beyond what’s been done before.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer ***** . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
*** Which includes being a United States Affirmative Action Employer**
While all employers are vetted to meet the Maricopa Guidelines, the job postings are not individually reviewed. Students should be diligent in ensuring they are applying for positions that meet their needs and are not in violation of the Maricopa guidelines.