Robert Half Finance & Accounting Glendale, AZ 85304
An industry leader is in need of a Payroll Administrator to fill a challenging role that provides a strong career growth opportunity. Partnering with one of their clients, Robert Half Finance and Accounting is reviewing candidates for a Payroll Administrator position. We are looking for someone who can deliver strong internal customer service while working in a deadline-driven environment with the ability to communicate effectively. As the Payroll Administrator, you will contribute in finalizing the accurate and timely production of payroll for employees. Submit your application now and learn more about this exciting opportunity! This full-time employment opportunity is based in the Glendale, Arizona area.
How you will make an impact
- Accommodate current payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes and other required reporting
- Assure timely processing of payroll in accordance with labor regulations and standard accounting principles
- Handle quarterly and year-end payroll reports
- Lead regular payroll reporting as required and assist with financial audits related to pay records and associated general ledger
- Look into payroll areas, pay practices related to FLSA, and fringe benefit reporting to determine how those practices apply to advise management
- Go over data entered by others in the payroll software to include, but not limited to salary/wage increases, benefit deductions, employee termination dates, and employee leaves of absence under FMLA or other unpaid leave
- Address voluntary deductions, as well as wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner, including reporting to the necessary authorities
- Reinforce staff with wage deductions, fringe benefits, pay related issues, PTO accruals, and general questions related to payroll
- Originate systems and protocols to direct the collection, calculation and entering of pay data
- Join forces Information Technology, Human Resources, and other internal business partners to ensure security protocols for pay systems
- CPP or FPC prescribed
- 3+ years of payroll experience
- Strong familiarity with Process Biweekly Payroll
- Union payroll experience
- Foundational knowledge in multi-state payroll
- ADP Workforce Now experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of payroll systems for 100-500 employees
- Demonstrated ability in garnishments, various withholdings, and processing liens
- Familiarity with HRIS system and high proficiency with spreadsheets
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
**Salary:** $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 / Yearly
**Location:** Glendale, AZ
**Date Posted:** February 13, 2021
**Employment Type:** Full-time
**Job Reference:** 00200-0011699008
**Staffing Area:** Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance