Oldcastle APG Inc Phoenix, AZ 85001
Job ID: 280420
Superlite, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
This role is responsible for ensuring the proper electrical functioning of plant equipment and machinery and to troubleshoot any electrical/electronic malfunctioning and complete appropriate repairs and maintenance. Pay is up to $40/hour based on experience.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
* Maintain and repair all existing electrical/electronic equipment in the production areas
* Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment
* Operate mechanical tasks as directed by supervisor
* Prepare maintenance reports for management as directed
* Maintain strict documentation of all plant electrical circuitry
* Provide general lead electrician support
* Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, process sheets, and assembly schematic drawings
* Diagnose and test malfunctioning machinery and discuss malfunction with other facility personnel
* Replace or repair faulty electrical/electronic components of a machine
* Calibrate and adjust all electrical/electronic equipment according to the manufacturer’s specifications
* Do minor programming and maintenance for programmable logic controller based equipment
* Maintain proper stock of tools and electrical parts to perform routine work
* All other duties as assigned by supervisor
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
* The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job
Requirements / Education / Experience
* Associate’s degree or completion of Technical School and Apprenticeship program or equivalent in training, experience, and education
* Minimum of 5 years of industrial experience in electrical support functions
* Must have been employed as an electrician or electrician apprentice within the past 18 months
* Must be knowledgeable of OSHA safety requirements, especially those related to electrical/electronic operations and components
* Able to read and understand electrical schematics and blueprints
* Working knowledge of three-phase motors, programmable controls, circuits, computer interfaces, and National Electrical Code
* Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
* Ability to lift, push or pull up to 60 pounds
* Requires often climbing, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, and twisting
* Able to use tools and equipment to repair and provide maintenance while standing, crouching, stretching, extending extremities and under extreme work environments
What CRH Americas Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Superlite, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.