The Times Media Group, which owns 20 publications including the West Valley View, Glendale Star, Peoria Times, and College Times, is looking for editorial interns who are eager to gain invaluable print and digital magazine experience in the editorial department of our Goodyear office.
Editorial interns will be supervised closely by managing and executive editors, who will work with interns to strengthen their research, writing, and editing abilities and help them develop the necessary skills for a career in publishing.
The company has asked that the intern work for approximately 15-20 hours (hour requirements will also be dependent on if the student seeks credit for internship).
Applicants must be continuing EMCC students and have a minimum of 2.5 GPA or a recommendation from your instructor.
*This is a remote opportunity for the foreseeable future*
Applicants interested in the internship MUST INCLUDE a resume, cover letter, and three writing samples/published clips.
Please email your resumes and cover letters for review to email@example.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Primary learning opportunities for interns include (but are not limited to) the following::
- Working closely with the editors on various print-related projects
- Writing hard news and feature stories
- Contributing to digital projects (social media and website content)
- Assisting with fact-checking and page proofing
- Compiling calendar lists of events for various publications
- Drafting social media copy
- The ideal candidate should be organized, detail-oriented, Internet-savvy, positive and proactive, with good writing skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Interns must be currently enrolled at EMCC and possess an interest in and enthusiasm for print media and lifestyle publishing
- Hours are based on the university or college’s requirements
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must be a current or continuing EMCC student
While all employers are vetted to meet the Maricopa Guidelines, the job postings are not individually reviewed. Students should be diligent in ensuring they are applying for positions that meet their needs and are not in violation of the Maricopa guidelines.