NOVA Corporation Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Dine Development Corporation is looking for a Computer Support Specialist with a great aptitude and desire for learning about Information Technology support. DDC includes many offices across a wide geographic area, will spend time supporting those offices remotely, and will interact daily both remotely and in person with others including but not limited to system integrators, network administrators and operational teams.
• Both locally and remotely determine the source and nature of computer malfunctions using diagnostic and application software.
• Adjust, repair, and replace malfunctioning equipment.
• Erase and reinstall operating system and application software.
• Identify and eliminate viruses.
• Order, receive, distribute, install, configure, and maintain a variety of computer equipment including personal computer laptops, printers, simple network devices, and data communications equipment.
• Both locally and remotely install, configure, maintain, manage, functionally validate and troubleshoot MS Windows Workstation operating environments and associated client-side pieces of components such as, but not limited to: The Registry, Active Directory, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), TCP/IP, and networking components. Ensure operating environments are properly configured and functioning with specified network, and storage components and applicable tool suites.
• Update and maintain asset inventory.
• Both locally and remotely perform additional functions incidental to computer support activities.
• Record follow-up actions for Service Requests in the DDC Ticketing System and perform escalation of these actions.
• Provide a warm transfer handoff (person to person) to Tier II, as required.
• Follow all documented DDC Information Technology Policies, Processes, Procedures and Work Instructions.
• Utilize approved Remote Access software and technical platform tools to maximize Customer Satisfaction.
• Document and update Service Request tickets.
• Provide routine progress updates concerning resolution of Service Requests for completeness / quality and satisfaction.
• Author, revise, and update Knowledge articles, ensuring each incident with a known error and resolved by the Tier is documented in the Knowledge Management tool.
• Escalate more complex issues to the next support level (i.e. Tier II, Tier III, etc.) in accordance with documented process and procedures.
• Both locally and remotely interact and work with a diverse customer base and possess excellent oral / written communications skills as well as perform in a courteous, professional, and project-oriented manner.
• Develop standardized reports and reporting procedures for the service desk.
• Make recommendations to the larger Information Technology team or management for resolution of recurring customer issues and continual service improvement opportunities.
• Both locally and remotely create/disable/delete user accounts upon hire or termination of employee.
• Both locally and remotely backup corporate user accounts, account profiles and user data upon termination.
+ Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university or 3 years of relevant experience.
+ Strong communication, documentation and process skills (written and verbal) including a demonstrable ability to explain technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users concisely, clearly and effectively via telephone and teleconference and using remote support tools
+ Strong analytical and reporting skills
+ Troubleshooting ability and analysis
+ Reasoning ability
+ Extensive familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Windows-based personal computers and personal computer applications, such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, both on-premsis and in the cloud (Microsoft Office 365).
+ Solid knowledge of computer hardware, software and peripherals such as central processing units, servers, monitors, cables, network systems, printers, etc.
+ Extensive familiarity with the Internet and cloud-based applications and standards, including cloud-based office productivity tools, cloud-based messaging applications, cloud-based support tools and cloud-based ticketing systems
Windows system administration experience (2000 and later)
+ Ability to organize her/his own work, including the ability to set priorities and meet critical time deadlines
+ Ability to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines and procedures
+ Ability to fully complet
+ e all details of a task including verifying customer satisfaction.
Help Desk Institute (HDI) Support Center Analyst Certification (HDI-SCA).
IASE (IAT Level II Compliance), CompTIA Security +CE, MCP, CISSP, or similar.
+ Help Desk lead experience
+ Experience in an environment where cybersecurity standards such as NIST 800-171 or ISO 20000/27001 are enforced.
+ Experience with Project Management software such as Microsoft Project or JIRA
+ Experience with GIS software such as ESRI GIS
+ Network/Solution Design Experience
+ Understanding of and previous experience with ITIL Processes
+ Active DoD Secret Clearance
*Must be able to pass a standard background check*
External Company URL: http://ddc-dine.com/
Post End Date: 12/31/2021
Remote Option: No