Sonora Quest Phoenix, AZ 85067
General Lab-PM's-Ref Lab
**Sign On Bonus! $1,500.00**
Starting pay with less than a year exprience as a Medical Lab Technician is $21 per hour. We pay an extra 15% for night shift.
This position performs waived and non-waived tests as defined by CLIA ‘88 in an accurate and timely manner with supervision. Assists with department compliance with all pertinent laboratory accrediting agencies and regulatory requirements (e.g., CLIA ’88, JCAHO, CAP, OSHA). Personnel report to department supervisor.
1. Performs testing in an accurate and timely manner according to established policies and performance standards with a knowledge level determined for that testing. Responsible for startup, calibration and accuracy of procedures and instrumentation. Exercises independent judgment and can identify appropriate resources in performance of assigned duties utilizing knowledge and skills. Demonstrates comprehension of theory and clinical relevance of testing. Demonstrates problem resolution and decision making skills for routine operational and technical problems. Demonstrates knowledge of computer systems used in the department and can perform basic troubleshooting of computer problems. Demonstrates awareness and complies with accrediting agency and regulatory requirements related to area of responsibility.
2. Recognizes and ensures validity of abnormal patient and/or QC results for testing. Ensures accuracy of test results. Participates in detecting and documenting occurrences that deviate from defined procedures. Demonstrates appropriate resolution and follow through for problem solving identified during testing. Promotes and consistently meets department standards for productivity and quality.
3. Ensures the appropriate use of supplies and materials and assists with inventory management. Ensures efficient utilization of reagents and supplies. Recognizes and provides input towards opportunities for improvements in financial performance to decrease costs, improve productivity, and improve service.
4. Self-directed and motivated to contribute to projects identified by the supervisor, with the completion of a minimum of one project per year. Seeks out opportunities to identify projects relating to department needs. Active in training and competency of laboratory personnel. Performs well in supervisor’s absence and provides guidance on issues relating to pre-analytical, waived and non-waived testing. Completes training module for newly hired/transferred personnel.
5. Communicates courteously, professionally, effectively and accurately with internal and external customers. Participates in the resolution of communication issues. Knows and utilizes appropriate resources for increased levels of problem solving. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills. Promotes positive communications that enhances teamwork. Attendance and participation at staff meetings.
+ Associate’s Degree in medical laboratory science, OR
+ Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical or biological science, OR
+ Have successfully completed military training of 50 or more weeks and served as a medical laboratory specialist. Military must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
+ Basic Computer skills.
+ Students may be hired at the job title equivalent to their future certification under the following conditions: Student is enrolled in a clinically recognized program (MLT), student’s clinical rotation in the core area must be completed prior to working in that core area and student must complete the MLT program within one year of hire.
+ MLT certification (ASCP, AMT, HEW, AAB)
+ Additional related education and/or experience
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
Banner Health supports a drug-free work environment. https://www.bannerhealth.com/careers/eeo