Rockford Corp Tempe, AZ 85281
Rockford Fosgate is a leading automotive audio company which develops and manufactures connected audio and infotainment products for mobile, motorsports, motorcycle and marine applications. We are looking for enthusiasts who are passionate about developing elegant audio solutions and engaging user experiences that they would use in their own vehicles.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Software Developer Intern. This individual will be an integral part of the advanced engineering team and will work closely with developers to create, test, and deploy web and mobile applications. This role will have a high sense of ownership in the product since it will involve many aspects of design and validation from inception through launch.
JOB TITLE: Software Developer Intern (Part-time)
• Develop software modules and components for mobile and web applications using Java Script
• Automate build and test processes using Python or other scripting languages
• Collaborate with developers, testers and embedded engineers on audio-based projects and apps
• Create and execute unit, functional, and regression tests
• Aid developer in isolating and resolving software defects
• Receive guidance and mentorship from lead engineers
• Enrolled as junior or higher in software, computer or electrical engineering field of study
• Experience developing and testing mobile and/or web applications
• Basic knowledge of source control and bug tracking
• Must be able to effectively communicate and collaborate with members inside and outside the team
• Ability to work independently and as part of small team
• Self-motivated, self-organizing and self-sufficient
• Passion for software development and continuous desire to learn
DESIRED SKILLS (OPTIONAL):
• Experience developing mobile apps using React Native or equivalent
• Experience developing web apps using React or equivalent
• Native iOS/Android development
• Backend development using databases
• Experience with unit and UI test frameworks
• Prior experience working in Agile development team
• Knowledge of Bluetooth Low Energy
Interested applicants, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This position is based in Tempe, Arizona. No relocation assistance provided.
To learn about Rockford, please visit us at www.rockfordcorp.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in the workplace.