Banner Health Phoenix, AZ 85067
IT ClinApps Insurance Division
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care – and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The **Enterprise Population Health Management Analytics** team is responsible for providing vital information that enhances the consumer, patient, provider, and employee experience across Banner Health. The team takes pride in delivering information that is used to provide insight and support key decision-making processes across the organization and with our business partners. Delivering the right information in a timely manner supports Banner Health’s mission of making health care easier, so life can be better.
As the **IT Director, Enterprise Population Health Analytics** , you will lead a team that partners with the business in gathering requirements, evaluating, developing, and implementing solutions that meets the needs of our customers. You will partner with various IT teams and subject matter experts in prioritizing projects and monitoring progress to ensure that deliverables are implemented on time. You will ensure appropriate resourcing is available to support these projects. Additionally, you will also be responsible for leading and coaching your team towards continual improvement and awareness of changing trends focused on Business Intelligence. **Banner IT was awarded Insider Pro and Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT for 2020 and 2021!**
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is the primary focal point for facility/business entity leadership and is a key member of the system IT customer support leadership team. This position is responsible for overseeing IT activities, clinical informatics or nonclinical applications depending on designated area, across multiple locations which include the delivery of user level support, IT project implementations and facility initiated projects. This may include implementation and support of the clinical documentation applications and systems within the electronic medical record (EMR). This position is responsible for directing the activities of the cross-functional, multi-disciplinary (clinical or nonclinical) IT team in support of customer interactions, as well as internal documentation standards and regulatory requirements. The functional areas may include operational oversight for may include facility based and/or centralized desktop support, telecommunications, facility infrastructure, cabling, clinical informatics, and facility-based processes related to clinical documentation in the EMR.
1. Directs personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and personnel evaluations. Develops work goals and objectives for the department in accordance and alignment with company goals; provides leadership, measures and feedback, and motivation for staff achievement of departmental goals.
2. Develops and oversees the department budget in conjunction with corporate goals and objectives. Plays a key role in ensuring budgetary goals are met on an annual basis. Translates organizational plans, goals and initiatives into annual IT operating and capital budgets. Work with facility/business entity leadership to ensure IT budgetary projections include planned projects and infrastructure needs. Manage and report departmental expenditures and projects expenses.
3. Participates and may lead in task forces and councils. This includes participating in the development and implementation of processes, procedures, and programs to increase facility operations efficiency and effectiveness, as well as ensure the delivery of quality customer care. This may include planning and developing detailed specifications for assignments, assessing the quality of delivered services and implementing quality improvement action plans.
4. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
5. Engages staff and facility/business entity leaders to support and deliver IT applications and services. Collaborates with business leaders and senior IT leaders to identify operational requirements and opportunities related to information technology and/or clinical informatics services and applications. Communicates facility/business goals to IT leadership in order to address the needs of facility/business operations.
6. Position provides direction and oversight for all IT customer service or clinical informatics activities across multiple facilities as assigned. The incumbent is a member of the IT customer service leadership team and participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, strategic and tactical planning sessions, implementation activities, and support functions in multiple locations. This position works collaboratively with other IT leaders/staff as well as corporate and facility/business entity leadership. This position is a key liaison to leadership at the locations it supports.
Must possess strong knowledge a normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree is a related field
Certain assignments may require a Registered Nurse (R.N.) with licensure in practicing state.
Must demonstrate substantial knowledge of information technology and/or clinical informatics in a healthcare setting. Needs significant proven leadership experience in large scale project planning, reporting, and budgeting. Requires exceptional communication, presentation, and negotiation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires leadership skills with ability to lead, communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. Successful candidate will have skills and experience to recruit, mentor, motivate, evaluate, and retain staff. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health supports a drug-free work environment.
Banner Health complies with applicable federal and state laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or disability