Banner Staffing Services-AZ
Facilities and Environmental Services
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
**As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:**
+ Competitive wages
+ Paid orientation
+ Flexible Schedules (select positions)
+ Fewer Shifts Cancelled
+ Weekly pay
+ 403(b) Pre-tax retirement
+ Employee Assistance Program
+ Employee wellness program
+ Discount Entertainment tickets
+ Restaurant/Shopping discounts
+ Auto Purchase Plan
**Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered** . Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes employment, criminal and education) is required.
This position is responsible for providing basic building maintenance preventative and corrective work to the facility. Building maintenance activities include but are not limited to general fire alarm systems, beds, TV’s, plumbing, medical gas outlets, nurse call, pneumatic tube system, elevators, furniture, fixtures and equipment. Works with and assists other trades in completing required tasks. In some locations may have responsibility for other duties which might include security, grounds keeping and snow removal.
1. Maintains, repairs, and corrects all building components as assigned which may include but are not limited to general fire alarm systems, beds, TV’s, plumbing, medical gas outlets, nurse call pneumatic tube system, elevators, furniture, fixtures and equipment. Keeps the designated manager informed as to the needs and / or changes required to keep the facility operating in a safe and well maintained condition.
2. Provides first line of response to facility maintenance needs to assure maximum operational effectiveness of the facility. Provides all required and appropriate documentation.
3. Works with all other divisions and departments to meet the facility maintenance, installation and construction needs, as assigned. Recommends use of outside maintenance specialty contractors as appropriate. Oversees and monitors outside maintenance specialty contractors to assure compliance with established hospital standards.
4. Monitors maintenance repair work, alterations and renovation upgrades to the facility, as assigned. Works with construction installation activities and processes to ensure the integrity of established facility standards, as requested.
5. Maintains maintenance components, materials and supplies at an appropriate level within budgetary constraints. Provides building maintenance input and feedback to the designated manager.
6. Maintains records for facility compliance with all applicable authorities having jurisdiction including, local, state, federal and all other regulatory codes pertaining to any and all components of the facility maintenance systems. As required, attends annual code compliance and update training.
7. Incumbents in this position work somewhat independently under general supervision and fulfill responsibilities using specialized skills and knowledge. This position interacts with a wide variety of individuals including staff, co-workers, patients, physicians, visitors, regulatory agencies, surveyors, inspectors, contractors, and vendors. This position is facility based and has no budgetary responsibilities.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Banner Health Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, values, and purpose of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Some facilities or departments, depending on business need, may require proof of a valid driver’s license and eligibility for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Requires two or more years of diversified work experience as a maintenance technician with demonstrated maintenance or related skills. Must be able to exercise independent decision making and judgment in the performance of all duties. Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with maintenance equipment. Must be proficient in reading and understanding related and required maintenance and construction documents. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Requires working knowledge and certification as required of applicable regulatory codes, such as IBC, UBC, Joint Commission, CMS, NFPA, State and local building codes. Must be able to work effectively with commonly used office software programs.
Vocational, Technical or Apprenticeship training. Previous construction experience is preferred. Previous healthcare Facilities Services experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred
Banner Health supports a drug-free work environment.
Banner Health complies with applicable federal and state laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or disability